Addison County LST-31 - História

Addison County LST-31 - História

Addison County

Um condado no centro-oeste de Vermont.

(LST-31: dp. 3.960; 1. 328 '; b. 50'; dr. 14'1 "; s. 11,6 k .; cpl. 119; a. 6 40 mm., 12 20 mm., 2 .30- cal. mg .; el. LST-1)

LST-31 foi estabelecido em 2 de fevereiro de 1943 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 5 de junho de 1943 patrocinado pela Sra. Mauriee Endres aceito pela Marinha e colocado em comissão reduzida em; 0 de julho de 1943, e navegou para Nova Orleans, onde foi colocada em plena comissão em 21 de julho de 1943, com o tenente John D. Schneidau, Jr., USNR, no comando.

O novo navio-tanque de desembarque começou em 29 de julho para a Cidade do Panamá, Flórida, onde realizou uma série de exercícios de encalhe. O LST-31 retornou a New Orleans em 7 de agosto para embarcar na carga para transporte para o Pacífico. Após um breve porto na Baía de Guantánamo, Cuba, o navio transitou pelo Canal do Panamá em 24 de agosto e ingressou na Frota do Pacífico. Ela então seguiu para San Diego, Califórnia, onde chegou em 13 de setembro.

Depois de participar de exercícios de praia na área de San Diego, o navio parou em Port Hueneme e em San Franciseo, Califórnia, para embarcar na carga. Ela deixou a costa oeste em 15 de outubro com destino ao Havaí, chegou a Pearl Harbor no dia 25 e começou a descarregar. Quando esta tarefa foi concluída, o LST ~ 31 novamente pesou a âncora em 5 de novembro e traçou um curso para as Ilhas Gilbert. Como membro da 5ª força anfíbia, o navio foi escalado para participar do ataque à Ilha Makin.

LST ~ 31 chegou ao largo de Makin no dia 20 e começou a descarregar tropas e carga em terra. Ela permaneceu fora daquele atol até 31 de dezembro, quando ela partiu para retornar a Pearl Harbor. Logo após sua chegada, o navio entrou no estaleiro da Marinha de Pearl Harbor para reparos e alterações. Enquanto seus motores eram revisados, canhões adicionais de 40 e 20 milímetros foram instalados. O período de estaleiro terminou no início de janeiro de 1944, e o navio restaurado então participou de exercícios de treinamento ao largo de Maui, em preparação para a próxima invasão das Ilhas Marshall.

O tanque de desembarque deixou Pearl Harbor em 19 de janeiro e rumou para Kwajalein. Ela ancorou naquele atol em 1º de fevereiro e começou a descarregar sua carga em apoio às operações nos Marshalls. Em 12 de fevereiro, o navio começou a embarcar tropas para a invasão de Eniwetok e, cinco dias depois, fez uma surtida com o Grupo LST 8. Ela encalhou em Eniwetok no dia 20 e começou a desembarcar seus soldados e descarregar cargas em terra. A LST ~ 31 permaneceu lá até 20 de março, quando partiu para o Havaí. Ela parou no caminho em Kwajalein e Tarawa para carregar cargas e passageiros e finalmente chegou a Pearl Harbor em 15 de abril.

Após os reparos na doca seca lá, ela retomou as operações em 10 de maio com uma série de exercícios de treinamento em Hapuna Bay, Havaí. No dia 25, o LST-31 deixou as águas havaianas com destino a Eniwetok. Após a sua chegada ao atol em 7 de junho, ela reabasteceu e assumiu a carga em preparação para as operações contra Saipan. O navio chegou ao largo de Saipan em 14 de junho e começou a descarregar tropas e suprimentos em terra. Ela limpou a área no dia 23 e voltou para Eniwetok para reabastecer sua carga.

LST ~ 31 chegou de volta a Saipan em 17 de julho; suprimentos descarregados e pequenas embarcações; e, nas semanas seguintes, serviu como navio-hospital. À noite, ela ancorava ao largo de Saipan para receber facilidades e estava a caminho de Tinian durante o dia. Esta atribuição ocupou o navio até 21 de agosto, quando ela iniciou uma viagem de ida e volta para Eniwetok. Depois de retornar a Saipan, o navio passou por três dias de reparos de viagem e arrancou em 23 de setembro para a costa oeste dos Estados Unidos. No caminho, ela tocou em Eniwetok; Ilhas Apamama e Makin Ilhas Gilbert; e Pearl Harbor. Ela deixou este último porto em 6 de novembro e chegou a San Franciseco, Califórnia, em 17 de novembro de 1944.

Depois de um dia no porto, o LST-31 navegou para San Pedro para entrar nos estaleiros da West Coast Shipbuilding Co. para extensas alterações e reparos. O navio deixou o estaleiro no início de fevereiro de 1945 para realizar testes de mar e chegou ao estaleiro naval da Ilha Mare Vallejo, Califórnia, em 18 de fevereiro para embarcar em uma nave anfíbia. Ela então visitou Seattle, Washington, para trabalhos de reparo adicionais. Em 10 de março, o navio partiu para o Havaí e chegou a Pearl Harbor no dia 23.

LST ~ 31 deixou o Havaí em 4 de abril para Okinawa. Ela embarcou passageiros e carregou suprimentos em Eniwetok e Guam antes de prosseguir para o Ryukyus e ancorar nas águas do sudoeste de Okinawa em 3 de maio. Ela permaneceu na área por aproximadamente três semanas, fornecendo apoio logístico às tropas que lutavam em Okinawa. O navio chegou a UIithi em 28 de maio, recebeu carga e, em 2 de junho, fez rumo à ilha de Leyte, nas Filipinas.

Durante os meses de junho, julho e agosto, o LST-31 operou entre as Filipinas e Okinawa, transportando suprimentos e tropas entre os dois pontos para construir Okinawa como uma base para a conquista das ilhas japonesas. No entanto, essa invasão foi evitada quando o Japão capitulou em 15 de agosto. O navio então começou a mover tropas de ocupação e equipamentos para o Japão a partir de vários pontos nas Filipinas. Ela chegou às águas japonesas em 15 de setembro, quando ancorou na baía de Tóquio.

Em 30 de novembro, o LST-31 foi designado para trabalhar no Japão com a 5ª Frota, Grupo Anfíbio 11, LST Flotilla 35. No entanto, essas ordens foram substituídas no final de dezembro e o navio foi programado para ser desativado. Ela estava programada para ser entregue à marinha mercante japonesa para ser tripulada por uma tripulação japonesa sob controle americano para uso no repatriamento de cidadãos japoneses e transporte de suprimentos entre os portos japoneses. Depois que o navio foi despojado de todos os armamentos e outros equipamentos de guerra, o LST-31 foi descomissionado em 8 de janeiro de 1946 e transferido para os japoneses.

A embarcação operou sob controle japonês até maio de 1948. Ela deixou Yokohama no dia 3 ° daquele mês e compartilhou um curso para a costa oeste dos Estados Unidos. O navio de desembarque do tanque foi posteriormente atracado na área de Seattle. Em 1 de julho de 1955, LST ~ 31 foi nomeado Condado de Addison. Seu nome foi retirado da lista da Marinha em 11 de agosto de 1955, e ela foi posteriormente afundada como alvo.

O condado de Addison ganhou cinco estrelas de batalha por seu serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.


USS LST-31

USS Addison County (LST-31) eram um LST-1navio de desembarque de tanques de primeira classe construído para a Marinha dos Estados Unidos durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial. Com o nome de Addison County, Vermont, ela foi a única embarcação da Marinha dos EUA a levar o nome.

O LST-31 foi estabelecido em 2 de fevereiro de 1943 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corporation, lançado em 5 de junho de 1943, patrocinado pela Sra. Maurice Endres, aceito pela Marinha e colocado em comissão reduzida em 10 de julho de 1943 e navegou para Nova Orleans, onde estava colocado em plena comissão em 21 de julho de 1943 com o tenente John D. Schneidau, Jr., USNR, no comando.


Addison County LST-31 - História

O LST-30 foi estabelecido em 12 de janeiro de 1943 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 3 de maio de 1943, patrocinado pela Sra. C. B. Jansen e comissionado em 3 de julho de 1943.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-30 foi designado para o teatro europeu e participou da seguinte operação:

Invasão da Normandia-junho de 1944

O LST-30 foi desativado em 6 de março de 1946 e retirado da lista da Marinha em 8 de maio de 1946. Em 2 de abril de 1947, ela foi vendida para W. Horace Williams Co., de New Orleans, Louisiana, e foi convertida para o serviço mercantil .

LST-30 ganhou uma estrela de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

O LST-81 foi instalado em 2 de fevereiro de 1943 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 5 de junho de 1943, patrocinado pela Sra. Maurice Endres e comissionado em 21 de julho de 1943.

Durante a 11ª Guerra Mundial, LST-31 serviu no teatro AsiaticPacific e participou das seguintes operações:

Operação nas Ilhas Gilbert - novembro e dezembro de 1943

Operação nas Ilhas Marshall:

(a) Ocupação dos Atóis de Kwajalein e Majuro - janeiro e fevereiro de 1944

(b) Ocupação do Atol Eniwetok-fevereiro e março de 1944

(a) Captura e ocupação de Saipan-junho a agosto de 1944

Captura e ocupação de Tinian - julho e agosto de 1944

(a) Ataque e ocupação de Okinawa Gunto - maio de 1945

Imediatamente após a guerra, LST-31 cumpriu o dever de ocupação no Extremo Oriente até o início de janeiro de 1946. Ela retornou aos Estados Unidos e foi desativada em 8 de janeiro de 1946. Em 1 de julho de 1955, LST-31 foi nomeado Condado de Addison após um condado em Vermont. Seu nome foi retirado da lista da Marinha em 11 de agosto de 1955, e ela foi afundada como um alvo.

O condado de Addison ganhou cinco estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial como LST-31.

O LST-32 foi colocado em 17 de fevereiro de 1943 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 22 de maio de 1943, patrocinado pela Srta. Dorothy M. Manko e encomendado em 12 de julho de 1943, com o tenente Gardner P. Mulloy no comando.

Durante a 11ª Guerra Mundial, LST-32 foi designado para o teatro europeu e participou das seguintes operações:

Invasão do sul da França-agosto e setembro de 1944

LST-32 foi desativado em julho de 1946. Ela foi reativado em 7 de março de 1951. Em 1 de julho de 1955, LST

82 recebeu o nome de Condado de Alameda, em homenagem a um condado da Califórnia. Ela foi reclassificada do condado de Alameda (AVB-1) em 28 de agosto de 1957, foi descomissionada em 25 de junho de 1962 e foi excluída da lista da Marinha no mesmo mês. Em 20 de novembro de 1962, ela foi transferida para a Marinha italiana.

O condado de Alameda ganhou duas estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial como LST-32.

O LST-33 foi estabelecido em 23 de fevereiro de 1943 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 21 de junho de 1943, patrocinado pela Sra. Paul J. Walsh commis

Mencionado em 4 de agosto de 1943 e transferido para a Marinha grega em 18 de agosto de 1943, com a qual serviu durante o restante da Segunda Guerra Mundial. Ela foi vendida ao governo da Grécia em janeiro de 1947 e serviu lá como Samos (L-179). Ela foi retirada da lista da Marinha em 23 de junho de 1947.

O LST-34 foi colocado em 15 de março de 1943 em Pittsburgh ,, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 15 de junho de 1943, patrocinado pela Sra. Verne C. Cobb e comissionado em 26 de julho de 1943.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-34 serviu no teatro AsiaticPacific e participou das seguintes operações:

Operação nas Ilhas Gilbert - novembro e dezembro de 1943

Operação nas Ilhas Marshall:

(a) Ocupação dos Atóis de Kwajalein e Majuro - janeiro e fevereiro de 1944

(b) Ocupação do Atol Eniwetok-fevereiro e março de 1944

(a) Captura e ocupação de Saipan-junho de 1944

Desembarques de Leyte - outubro e novembro de 1944

Aterrissagens de Lingayen em Luzon - janeiro de 1945

(a) Ataque e ocupação de Okinawa Gunto - maio de 1945

Após a guerra, o LST-34 cumpriu o dever de ocupação no Extremo Oriente de março a novembro de 1946. Ela retornou aos Estados Unidos e foi desativada em 15 de novembro de 1946 e transferida para o governo militar de Ryukyus. Seu nome foi retirado da lista da Marinha em 23 de dezembro de 1947. Ela encalhou no Extremo Oriente em janeiro de 1949 e seu casco foi abandonado.

LST-34 ganhou seis estrelas de batalha para o serviço da 11ª Guerra Mundial.

O LST-35 foi estabelecido em 20 de março de 1943 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 30 de junho de 1943, patrocinado pela Sra. Samuel G. Cooper e transferido para o governo da Grécia em 18 de agosto de 1943, com o qual ela serviu através o restante da Segunda Guerra Mundial. Ela foi vendida ao governo da Grécia em janeiro de 1947 e serviu lá como Quios (L-195). Seu nome foi retirado da lista da Marinha em 23 de junho de 1947.

O LST-36 foi estabelecido em 21 de abril de 1943 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 10 de julho de 1943, patrocinado pela Sra. Franklin Keen e transferido para o governo da Grécia em 23 de agosto de 1943, com o qual serviu durante o restante da Segunda Guerra Mundial. Ela foi vendida ao governo da Grécia em janeiro de 1947 e serviu lá como Lemnos (L-158). Seu nome foi retirado da lista da Marinha em 23 de junho de 1947.

LST-37 foi estabelecido em 1 de abril de 1943 em Pittsbu rgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 5 de julho de 1943 patrocinado pela Sra. Jack Domb e transferido para o governo da Grécia em 18 de agosto de 1943. Ela encalhou em Bizerte , Tunísia, em 1 de junho de 1944, e afundou. Seu nome foi retirado da lista da Marinha em 12 de agosto de 1948.

O LST-38 foi estabelecido em 14 de abril de 1943 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 27 de julho 19.43, patrocinado por Miss Bertha Karpinski e comissionado em 3 de setembro de 1943.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-38 foi designado para o teatro Ásia-Pacífico e participou das seguintes operações:

Operação nas Ilhas Marshall:

(a) Ocupação dos Atóis de Kwajalein e Majuro - janeiro e fevereiro de 1.944

Operação do Arquipélago de Bismarck,

(a) Desembarques nas Ilhas do Almirantado, março e abril de 1944

Operação Hollandia - abril de 1944

(a) Captura e ocupação de Guam-julho de 1944

Após a guerra, LST-38 foi redesignado como LSTH38 em 15 de setembro de 1945. Ela desempenhou funções de ocupação no Extremo Oriente até meados de novembro de 1945.

Após seu retorno aos Estados Unidos, o navio foi desativado em 26 de março de 1946 e retirado da lista da Marinha em 1 de maio de 1946. Em 5 de dezembro de 1947, foi vendido para a Ships and Power Equipment Co., de Barber, NJ, e posteriormente desfeito.

O LSTH-38 ganhou quatro estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial como LST-38.

LST-39 foi estabelecido em 23 de abril de 1943 pela Dravo Corp. em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia. Lançado em 29 de julho de 1943. patrocinado pela Sra. LA Mertz e comissionado em 8 de setembro de 1943. Ela foi designada para a área do Pacífico durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial mas não vi nenhuma ação de combate. Ela afundou no verão de 1944 e foi excluída da lista da Marinha em 18 de julho de 1944. Mais tarde, foi reflutuada, convertida em uma barcaça de peças sobressalentes e redesignada YF-1079. Ela serviu a Marinha nessa posição até algum momento entre julho de 1945 e janeiro de 1946, quando YF-1079 desapareceu da lista da Marinha.


Prêmios [editar | editar fonte]

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-31 serviu no Teatro Ásia-Pacífico e participou da operação nas Ilhas Gilbert (novembro e dezembro de 1943), nas Ilhas Marshall, (a) ocupação dos Atóis Kwajalein e Majuro (janeiro e fevereiro de 1944), e (b) ocupação do Atol de Eniwetok (fevereiro e março de 1944) Operação Marianas, (a) captura e ocupação de Saipan (junho a agosto de 1944) Captura e ocupação de Tinian (julho e agosto de 1944) e operação Okinawa Gunto, assalto e ocupação de Okinawa Gunto (maio de 1945). Condado de Addison ganhou cinco estrelas de batalha por seu serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.


  • Cidade de Hancock de Vermont Historical Gazetteer.
  • Escriturário da cidade de Hancock:
    Correio: P.O. Box 100
    Físico: 48 VT Route 125 Hancock, VT 05748
    P: 802-767-3660
    F: 802-767-4370
    E: [email protected]
  • Cidade de Leicester de Vermont Historical Gazetteer. (site oficial)
  • Leicester Historical Society - reúne-se na Leicester Town Hall
  • Escriturário da cidade de Leicester:
    44 Schoolhouse Rd. Leicester, VT 05733
    P: 802-247-5961 x3
    F: 802-247-6501
    E: [email protected]

Addison County LST-31 - História

Extraído do Dicionário de Navios de Combate Navais Americanos, vol. VII (1981), pp. 569-731.

O LST-1 foi estabelecido em 20 de julho de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 7 de setembro de 1942, patrocinado pela Sra. Laurence T. Haugen, e encomendado em 14 de dezembro de 1942, pelo tenente W. L. Chessman no comando.

Durante a Primeira Guerra Mundial, LST-1 foi designado para o teatro europeu e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Ocupação siciliana - julho de 1943
  • Desembarques em Salerno - setembro de 1943
  • Fase de operações Anzio-Nettuno na costa oeste da Itália de janeiro a março de 1944
  • Invasão da Normandia-junho de 1944

O LST-1 foi desativado em 21 de maio de 1946 e retirado da lista da Marinha em 19 de junho de 1946. Em 5 de dezembro de 1947, ela foi vendida para a Ships Power and Equipment Co., de Barber, N.J., para demolição.

LST-1 ganhou quatro estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

O LST-2 foi instalado em 23 de junho de 1942 em Pittsburgh Pa., Pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 19 de setembro de 1942, patrocinado pela Srta. Nancy Jane Hughes e encomendado em 9 de fevereiro de 1943.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-2 foi designado para o teatro europeu e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Ocupação do Norte da África - início de 1943
  • Ocupação siciliana - julho de 1943
  • Desembarques em Salerno - setembro de 1943
  • Invasão da Normandia-junho de 1944

O LST-2 foi desativado em 11 de abril de 1946 e retirado da lista da Marinha em 5 de junho de 1946. Em 5 de dezembro de 1947, ela foi vendida para Bosey, nas Filipinas.

LST-2 ganhou quatro estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

O LST-3 foi estabelecido em 29 de junho de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 19 de setembro de 1942, patrocinado pela Sra. A. C. Harlow, e encomendado em 8 de fevereiro de 1943

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-S foi designado para o teatro europeu e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Ocupação da Sicília - julho a agosto de 1943
  • Invasão do sul da França de agosto a setembro de 1944

O LST-3 foi desativado algum tempo após o fim da Segunda Guerra Mundial e foi retirado da lista da Marinha em 19 de junho de 1946. Em 10 de setembro de 1947, ela foi vendida para a Boston Metals Co., de Baltimore, Maryland, para desmantelamento.

LST-3 ganhou duas estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

O LST-4 foi estabelecido em 4 de julho de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 9 de outubro de 1942, patrocinado pela Sra. J. Bartolo e encomendado em
14 de fevereiro de 1943.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-4 foi designado para o teatro europeu e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Ocupação siciliana - julho de 1943
  • Desembarques em Salerno - setembro de 1943
  • Operações na costa oeste da Itália - desembarques avançados de Anzio-Nettuno em janeiro e fevereiro de 1944
  • Invasão do sul da França-agosto e setembro de 1944

O LST-4 foi descomissionado algum tempo após o fim da Segunda Guerra Mundial e foi retirado da lista da Marinha em 19 de junho de 1946. Em 10 de setembro de 1947, ela foi vendida para a Boston Metals Co., de Baltimore, Maryland, para demolição.

LST-4 ganhou quatro estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

O LST-5 foi estabelecido em 12 de julho de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 3 de outubro de 1942, patrocinado pela Sra. Wanetta Rose Barker, e encomendado em 22 de fevereiro de 1943.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-5 foi designado para o teatro europeu e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Ocupação siciliana - julho de 1943
  • Desembarques em Salerno - setembro de 1943
  • Invasão da Normandia-junho de 1944

O LST-5 foi desativado algum tempo após o fim da Segunda Guerra Mundial e foi retirado da lista da Marinha em 1 de agosto de 1947. Em 7 de outubro de 1947, ela foi vendida para a Tung Hwa Trading Co., de Cingapura, para sucateamento.

LST-5 ganhou três estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

LST-6 foi estabelecido em 20 de julho de 1942 em Wilmington, Del., Pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 21 de outubro de 1942, patrocinado pela Sra. H. E. Haven, e encomendado em 30 de janeiro de 1943

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-6 foi designado para o teatro europeu e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Ocupação siciliana - julho de 1943
  • Desembarques em Salerno - setembro de 1943
  • Invasão da Normandia-junho de 1944

Em 17 de novembro de 1944, ela foi extraída e afundada em seis braças de água enquanto viajava de Rouen, França, para Portland, Inglaterra. Ela foi retirada da lista da Marinha em 22 de dezembro de 1944.

LST-6 ganhou três estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

O LST-7 foi estabelecido em 17 de julho de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 31 de outubro de 1942, patrocinado pela Sra. Anna Marvin, e comissionado em 2 de março de 1943.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-7 foi designado para o teatro europeu e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Ocupação siciliana - julho de 1943
  • Desembarques em Salerno - setembro de 1943
  • Invasão da Normandia-junho de 1944

O LST-7 foi descomissionado em 21 de maio de 1946 e retirado da lista da Marinha em 19 de junho de 1946. Em 7 de outubro de 1947, ela foi vendida ao Sr. L. Lewis Green, Jr. de Charleston, S.C., para demolição.

LST-7 ganhou três estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

O LST-8 foi estabelecido em 26 de julho de 1942 em Pittsburgh Pa., Pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 29 Oetober 1942, patrocinado pela Sra. Anne H. Johnston, e transferido para o Reino Unido em 22 de março de 1943.

O LST-8 foi devolvido do Reino Unido em 1 de junho de 1946 e retirado da lista da Marinha em 3 de julho de 1946. Em 5 de dezembro de 1947, foi vendido para Bosey, nas Filipinas.

LST-9 foi estabelecido em 9 de agosto de 1942 em Pittsburgh Pa., Pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 14 de novembro de 1942 patrocinado por Miss Katherine Moxin, e transferido para o Reino Unido em 19 de março de 1943. LST-9 foi devolvido aos Estados Unidos Marinha dos Estados em 1 de junho de 1946 e foi excluída da lista da Marinha em 3 de julho de 1946. Em 5 de setembro de 1948, ela foi vendida para Bosey Filipinas.

LST-10

LST-10 foi redesignado ARL-1 e denominado Achelous (q.v.) em 13 de janeiro de 1943.

LST-11

O LST-11 foi estabelecido em 8 de agosto de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 18 de novembro de 1942, patrocinado pela Srta. Virginia Fowler, e transferido para o Reino Unido em 22 de março de 1943

O LST-11 foi devolvido à Marinha dos Estados Unidos em 13 de maio de 1946 e retirado da lista da Marinha em 5 de junho de 1946. Em 5 de dezembro de 1947, ela foi vendida para Bosey, nas Filipinas.

LST-12

O LST-12 foi estabelecido em 16 de agosto de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 7 de dezembro de 1942, patrocinado pela Sra. Joseph Fay e transferido para o Reino Unido em 25 de março de 1943.

O LST-12 foi devolvido à Marinha dos Estados Unidos em 5 de janeiro de 1946 e foi excluído da lista da Marinha em 20 de março de 1946. Em 11 de setembro de 1947, ela foi vendida para Washburn Wire Co., Philipsdale, R.I., para sucateamento.

LST-13

A LST-13 foi instalada em 1 de setembro de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp. lançada em 1 de janeiro de 1943, patrocinada pela Sra. Jean A. Brackmann e transferida para o Reino Unido em 3 de abril de 1943.

LST-13 foi devolvido à Marinha dos Estados Unidos em 27 de fevereiro de 1946 e foi excluído da lista da Marinha em 5 de junho de 1946. Em 14 de outubro de 1947, ela foi vendida para Luria Brothers and Co., Inc., de Filadélfia, Pa., para demolição.

LST-14

O LST-14 foi redesignado como AGP-5 e denominado Varuna (q.v.) em 25 de janeiro de 1943.

LST-15

LST-15 foi redesignado como ARB-3 e denominado Phaon (q.v.) em 25 de janeiro de 1943.

LST-16

O LST-16 foi estabelecido em 1 de setembro de 1942 em Wilmington, Del., Pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 19 de dezembro de 1942, patrocinado pela Sra. Lois M. Alexander e encomendado em 17 de março de 1943.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-16 foi designado para o teatro europeu e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Ocupação do Norte da África:
    (a) Operações na Tunísia em julho de 1943
  • Ocupação siciliana - setembro de 1943
  • Desembarques em Salerno - setembro de 1943
  • Operações na costa oeste da Itália:
    (a) Desembarques avançados de Anzio-Nettuno - janeiro e fevereiro de 1944
  • Invasão da Normandia-junho de 1944

Após a guerra, LST-16 cumpriu o dever de ocupação no Extremo Oriente em setembro e novembro de 1945. Ela foi desativada em 8 de março de 1946 e foi retirada da lista da Marinha em 12 de abril de 1946. Em 5 de dezembro de 1947, ela foi vendida para Navios e Power Equipment Co., de Barber, NJ, para demolição.

LST-16 ganhou cinco estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

LST-17

O LST-17 foi estabelecido em 21 de setembro de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 8 de janeiro de 1943, patrocinado pela Sra. Sarah H. Bankson e encomendado em 19 de abril de 1943, Tenente HB Gallagher, USCGR, no comando.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-17 foi designado para o teatro europeu e participou da seguinte operação:

Após a guerra, LST-17 cumpriu o dever de ocupação no Extremo Oriente intermitentemente de setembro a dezembro de 1945. Ela foi desativada em 15 de janeiro de 1946. Em 15 de novembro de 1954, ela foi transferida para o Comandante 13º Distrito Naval, para uso como um alvo móvel, e foi afundado em 15 de agosto de 1956 por tiros de torpedo.

LST-17 ganhou uma estrela de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

LST-18

O LST-18 foi estabelecido em 1º de outubro de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 15 de fevereiro de 1943, patrocinado pela Srta. Ruth Watt e encomendado em 26 de abril de 1943.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-18 serviu no teatro Ásia-Pacífico e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Fase de ocupação de Finschhafen da operação da Nova Guiné Oriental - setembro de 1943
  • Operação do Arquipélago de Bismarck:
    (a) Desembarques do Cabo Gloucester na Nova Grã-Bretanha - dezembro de 1943 e janeiro de 1944
    (b) Desembarques nas Ilhas do Almirantado - março e abril de 1944
  • Operação Hollandia - abril e maio de 1944
  • Operações da Nova Guiné Ocidental:
    (a) Área de Toem-Wakde-Sarmi-maio ​​de 1944
    (b) Ilha Biak - junho de 1944
    (c) Ilha de Noemfoor - julho de 1944
    (d) Cabo Sansapor-julho e agosto de 1944
    (e) Desembarques Morotai - setembro de 1944
  • Desembarques de Leyte - outubro e novembro de 1944
  • Aterrissagens de Lingayen em Luzon - janeiro de 1945
  • Consolidação do sul das Filipinas
    (a) Desembarques na Ilha Palawan - março de 1945
    (b) Desembarques nas Ilhas Visayan - março e abril de 1945

Após a guerra, LST-18 cumpriu o dever de ocupação no Extremo Oriente até o início de novembro de 1945. Ela retornou aos Estados Unidos e foi desativada em 3 de abril de 1946. Ela foi retirada da lista da Marinha em 17 de abril de 1946 e vendida para o Suwannee Fruit & amp Steamship Co., de Jacksonville, Flórida, em 31 de outubro de 1946 para conversão em serviço comercial

LST-18 ganhou sete estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

LST-19

LST-I9 foi estabelecido em 22 de outubro de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 11 de março de 1943, patrocinado pela Sra. Frances P. Gott, encomendado em 15 de maio de 1943 e redesignado LSTH em 15 de setembro de 1945.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-19 foi designado para o teatro Ásia-Pacífico e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Operação nas Ilhas Gilbert - novembro e dezembro de 1943
  • Operação Marianas:
    (a) Captura e ocupação de Saipan-junho e julho de 1944
  • Captura e ocupação de Tinian - julho de 1944
  • Operações nas Ilhas Carolinas Ocidentais:
    (a) Captura e ocupação do sul das Ilhas Palau - setembro e outubro de 1944

Após a guerra, LST-I9 desempenhou o dever de ocupação no Extremo Oriente em outubro e dezembro de 1945. Ela foi desativada em 20 de março de 1946 e foi retirada da lista da Marinha em 1 de maio de 1946. Em 5 de dezembro de 1947, ela foi vendida para Ships and Power Equipment Co., de Barber, NJ, para demolição.

LST-19 ganhou quatro estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

LST-20

O LST-20 foi estabelecido em 5 de outubro de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 15 de fevereiro de 1943, patrocinado por Miss Anne B. Sylvester, e encomendado em 14 de maio de 1943.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-20 serviu no teatro Ásia-Pacífico e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Operação nas Ilhas Gilbert - novembro e dezembro de 1943
  • Aterrissagens de Leyte - outubro de 1944
  • Aterrissagens de Lingayen em Luzon - janeiro de 1945
  • Operação Okinawa Gunto:
    (a) Ataque e ocupação de Okinawa Gunto-abril de 1945

Após a guerra, LST-20 cumpriu o dever de ocupação no Extremo Oriente até o início de novembro de 1945. Ela retornou aos Estados Unidos e foi desativada em 3 de abril de 1946. Ela foi retirada da lista da Marinha em 19 de junho de 1946 e transferida para o Marítimo Administração em 8 de outubro de 1947 para eliminação por demolição.

LST-20 ganhou quatro estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

LST-21

O LST-21 foi estabelecido em 25 de setembro de 1942 em Wilmington, Del., Pela Dravo Corp. lançado em 18 de fevereiro de 1943, patrocinado pela Sra. Lillian M. Lloyd e encomendado em 14 de abril de 1943.

O navio-tanque foi designado para o teatro europeu e participou da invasão da Normandia em junho de 1944.

Após seu retorno aos Estados Unidos, o navio foi desativado em 25 de janeiro de 1946 e retirado da lista da Marinha em 19 de junho de 1946. Ele foi vendido para Louis Feldman, de Flushing, N.Y., em 12 de março de 1948 e posteriormente desfeito.

LST-21 ganhou uma estrela de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

LST-22

O LST-22 foi estabelecido em 5 de novembro de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 29 de março de 1943, patrocinado pela Sra. WA Barnes, e encomendado em 29 de maio de 1943, o tenente LN Ditlefsen, USCG, no comando .

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-22 serviu no teatro Ásia-Pacífico e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Operação da Nova Guiné Oriental:
    (a) Ocupação do corredor - janeiro e fevereiro de 1944
  • Operação do Arquipélago de Bismarck:
    (a) Cabo Gloucester, New Britain - dezembro de 1943, janeiro e fevereiro de 1944
    (b) Desembarques nas Ilhas do Almirantado - março e abril de 1944
  • Operação Hollandia - abril e maio de 1944
  • Operações da Nova Guiné Ocidental:
    (a) Operação da área Toem-Wakde-Sarmi - maio de 1944
    (b) Operação da Ilha Biak - maio e junho de 1944
    (c) Operação da Ilha de Noemfoor - julho de 1944
    (d) Operação Cape Sansapor - julho e agosto de 1944
    (e) Desembarques Morotai - setembro de 1944
  • Desembarques de Leyte - outubro e novembro de 1944
  • Aterrissagens de Lingayen em Luzon - janeiro de 1945

LST-22 retornou aos Estados Unidos e foi desativado em 1 de abril de 1946. Ela foi retirada da lista da Marinha em 17 de abril de 1946 e vendida para a MingSung Industrial Co., Ltd., de Xangai, China, em 3 de fevereiro de 1947 para ser convertido para serviço comercial.

LST-22 ganhou seis estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

LST-23

O LST-23 foi estabelecido em 27 de outubro de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 13 de março de 1942, patrocinado pela Sra. Mary H. Miller e encomendado em 22 de maio de 1943.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-23 serviu no teatro Ásia-Pacífico e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Operação nas Ilhas Gilbert - novembro e dezembro de 1943
  • Operação nas Ilhas Marshall:
    (a) Ocupação dos Atóis de Kwajalein e Majuro - fevereiro de 1944
  • Operação Marianas:
    (b) Captura e ocupação de Saipan-junho e julho de 1944
  • Captura e ocupação de Tinian - julho de 1944
  • Operação nas Ilhas Carolinas Ocidentais:
    (a) Captura e ocupação do sul das Ilhas Palau - setembro e outubro de 1944
  • Aterrissagens de Lingayen em Luzon - janeiro de 1945

Em 15 de setembro de 1945, ela foi redesignada como LSTH. Imediatamente após a guerra, LSTH-23 cumpriu o dever de ocupação no Extremo Oriente até o início de dezembro de 1945. Ela retornou aos Estados Unidos e foi desativada em 24 de maio de 1946. Ela foi retirada da lista da Marinha em 3 de julho de 1946 e vendida para o Kaiser Co., Inc. Seattle, Wash., Em 6 de abril de 1948 para demolição.

LSTH-23 ganhou seis estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial como LST-23.

LST-24

O LST-24 foi estabelecido em 19 de novembro de 1942 em Pittsburgh, Pensilvânia, pela Dravo Corp., lançado em 17 de abril de 1943, patrocinado pela Sra. Marguerite E. Davis e encomendado em 14 de junho de 1943

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-24 foi designado para o teatro Ásia-Pacífico e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Operação Marianas:
    (a) Captura e ocupação de Guam- agosto de 1944
  • Operação da Nova Guiné Ocidental:
    (a) Desembarques Morotai - setembro de 1944
  • Desembarques de Leyte - outubro e novembro de 1944
  • Operação Okinawa Gunto:
    (a) Ataque e ocupação de Okinawa Gunto - março e junho de 1945

O LST-24 foi desativado em 26 de fevereiro de 1946 e retirado da lista da Marinha em 5 de junho de 1946. Em 23 de dezembro de 1947, ela foi vendida para a Humble Oil & amp Refining Co., de Houston, Texas, e convertida para o serviço comercial.

LST-24 ganhou cinco estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

LST-25

LST-25 foi estabelecido em 12 de outubro de 1942 em Wilmington, Del., Pela Dravo Corp, lançado em 9 de março de 1943 patrocinado por Miss Doily Hemphill, e encomendado em 3 de maio de 1943, o tenente J. B. Holmes, USCG no comando.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, LST-25 serviu nos teatros da Europa e Ásia-Pacífico e participou das seguintes operações:

  • Invasão da Normandia-junho de 1944
  • Operação Okinawa Gunto:
    (a) Ataque e ocupação de Okinawa Gunto - maio de 1945
  • Serviço de Ocupação da Marinha, Ásia-setembro e outubro de 1945 e março de 1946
  • Serviço da China - outubro de 1945 e março de 1946

O LST-25 foi descomissionado em 2 de agosto de 1946 e retirado da lista da Marinha em 8 de outubro de 1946. Em 31 de março de 1948, ela foi vendida para a Kaiser Co., Inc. Seattle, Wash., Para demolição.

LST-25 ganhou duas estrelas de batalha pelo serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.

LST-26

LST-26 was laid down on 16 November 1942 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 31 March 1943 sponsored by Mrs. Mathilda B. Coulter and commissioned on 7 June 1943.

During World War II, LST-26 served in the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the following operations:

  • Bismarck Archipelago operation:
    (a) Cape Gloucester, New Britain-December 1943 and January 1944
  • Hollandia operation-April and May 1944
  • Western New Guinea operations:
    (a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi area operation-May 1944
    (b) Biak Island operation-May and June 1944
    (c) Noemfoor Island operation-July 1944
    (d) Cape Sansapor operation-July and August 1944
    (e) Morotai landings-September 1944
  • Leyte landings-October and November 1944
  • Consolidation of the southern Philippines:
    (a) Mindanao Island landings-March 1945

She saw service in China from 3 to 10 October 1945.

Following the war, LST-26 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 1 April 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 8 May 1946 and was sold to Arctic Circle Exploration, Seattle, Wash., on 17 June 1946 to be converted for merchant service.

LST-26 earned five battle stars for World War II service.

LST-27

LST-27 was laid down on 10 December 1942 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 27 April 1943 sponsored by Mrs. R. R. Creed and commissioned on 25 June 1943.

During World War II, LST-27 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:

LST-27 was decommissioned on 9 November 1945 and was struck from the Navy list on 28 November 1945. On 15 December 1947, she was sold to the Rhode Island Navigation Co., of Newport, R.I., for scrapping.

LST-27 earned two battle stars for World War II service.

LST-28

LST-28 was laid down on 8 December 1942 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 19 April 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Michael Torick and commissioned on 19 June 1943.

During World War II, LST-28 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:

LST-28 was decommissioned on 16 August 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 29 October 1946. On 19 May 1948, she was sold to George H. Nutman, of Brooklyn, N.Y., for scrapping.

LST-28 earned two battle stars for World War II service.

LST-29

LST-29 was laid down on 8 January 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 17 May 1943, sponsored by Mrs. C. F. Lockton and commissioned on 10 July 1943.

During World War II, LST-29 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:

  • Gilbert Islands operation-November and December 1943
  • Marshall Islands operation:
    (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
    (b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February and March 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Guam-July and August 1944
  • Okinawa Gunto operation:
    (a) Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto -May 1945

LST-29 was decommissioned on 11 March 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 8 May 1946. On 17 June 1946, she was sold to the Foss Launch & Tug Co., of Seattle, Wash.

LST-29 earned four battle stars for World War II service.

LST-30

LST-30 was laid down on 12 January 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 3 May 1943, sponsored by Mrs. C. B. Jansen and commissioned on 3 July 1943.

During World War II, LST-30 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operation:

LST-30 was decommissioned on 6 March 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 8 May 1946. On 2 April 1947, she was sold to W. Horace Williams Co., of New Orleans, La., and was converted for merchant service.

LST-30 earned one battle star for World War II service.

LST-31

LST-31 was laid down on 2 February 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 5 June 1943 sponsored by Mrs. Maurice Endres and commissioned on 21 July 1943.

During World War II, LST-31 served in the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the following operations:

  • Gilbert Islands operation-November and December 1943
  • Marshall Islands operation:
    (a) Occupation of Kwajulein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
    (b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February and March 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Saipan-June through August 1944
  • Tinian capture and occupation-July and August 1944
  • Okinawa Gunto operation:
    (a) Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto -May 1945

Immediately following the war, LST-31 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 8 January 1946. On 1 July 1955 LST-31 was named Addison County after a county in Vermont. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 11 August 1955, and she was sunk as a target.

Addison County earned five battle stars for World War II service as LST-31.

LST-32

LST-32 was laid down on 17 February 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 22 May 1943, sponsored by Miss Dorothy M. Manko, and commissioned on 12 July 1943, Lt. Gardner P. Mulloy in command.

During World War II, LST-32 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:

LST-32 was decommissioned in July 1946. She was recommissioned on 7 March 1951. On 1 July 1955, LST-32 was assigned the name Alameda County after a county in California. She was reclassified Alameda County (AVB-1) on 28 August 1957, was decommissioned on 25 June 1962, and was struck from the Navy list that same month. On 20 November 1962, she was transferred to the Italian Navy

Alameda County earned two battle stars for World War II service as LST-32.

LST-33

LST-33 was laid down on 23 February 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. Launched on 21 June 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Paul J. Walsh, commissioned on 4 August 1943, and transferred to the Greek Navy on 18 August 1943, with which she served through the remainder of World War II. She was sold to the government of Greece in January 1947 and served there as Samos (L-179). She was struck from the Navy list on 23 June 1947.

LST-34

LST-34 was laid down on 15 March 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., launched on 15 June 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Verne C. Cobb, and commissioned on 26 July 1943.

During World War II, LST-34 served in the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the following operations:

  • Gilbert Islands operation-November and December 1943
  • Marshall Islands operation:
    (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
    (b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February and March 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Saipan-June 1944
  • Leyte landings-October and November 1944
  • Lingayen landings on Luzon-January 1945
  • Okinawa Gunto operation
    (a) Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto - May 1945

Following the war, LST-34 performed occupation duty in the Far East from March to November 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 15 November 1946 and transferred to Military Government, Ryukyus. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 23 December 1947. She ran aground in the Far East in January 1949, and her hulk was abandoned.

LST-34 earned six battle stars for World War II service.

LST-35

LST-35 was laid down on 20 March 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 30 June 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Samuel G. Cooper and transferred to the government of Greece on 18 August 1943 with which she served through the remainder of World War II. She was sold to the government of Greece in January 1947 and served there as Chios (L 195). Her name was struck from the Navy list on 23 June 1947.

LST-36

LST-36 was laid down on 21 April 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 10 July 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Franklin Keen, and transferred to the government of Greece on 23 August 1943 with which she served through the remainder of World War II. She was sold to the government of Greece in January 1947 and served there as Lemnos (L-158). Her name was struck from the Navy list on 23 June 1947.

LST-37

LST-S7 was laid down on 1 April 1943 at Pittsburgh Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 5 July 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Jack Domb, and transferred to the government of Greece on 18 August 1943. She ran aground off Bizerte, Tunisia, on 1 June 1944, and sank. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 12 August 1948.

LST-38

LST-38 was laid down on 14 April 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 27 July 1943 sponsored by Miss Bertha Karpinski and commissioned on 3 September 1943.

During World War II, LST-38 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:

  • Marshall Islands operation
    (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
  • Bismarck Archipelago operation:
    (a) Admiralty Islands landings-March and April 1944
  • Hollandia operation-April 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Guam-July 1944

Following the war, LST-38 was redesignated LSTH-38 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-November 1945.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 26 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 1 May 1946. On 5 December 1947, she was sold to the Ships and Power Equipment Co., of Barber, N.J., and subsequently scrapped.

LSTH-38 earned four battle stars for World War II service as LST-38.

LST-39

LST-39 was laid down on 23 April 1943 by the Dravo Corp. at Pittsburgh, Pa., Iaunched on 29 July 1943 sponsored by Mrs. L. A. Mertz, and commissioned on 8 September 1943. She was assigned to the Pacific area during World War II but saw no combat action. She sank in the summer of 1944, and she was struck from the Navy list on 18 July 1944. She was later refloated, converted to a spare parts issue barge, and redesignated YF-1079. She served the Navy in that capacity until sometime between July 1945 and January 1946, by which time YF-1079 disappeared from the Navy list.

LST-40

LST-40 was laid down on 3 June 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., launched on 7 August 1943 sponsored by Miss Hilda Sambolt, and commissioned on 15 September 1943.

During World War II, LST-40 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:

  • Consolidation of the Solomon Islands:
    (a) Consolidation of southern Solomons- June 1943
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Saipan-June and August 1944
  • Tinian capture and occupation-July 1944
  • Okinawa Gunto operation:
    (a) Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto -May 1945

Following the war, LST-40 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 18 February 1946. In February 1947, she was transferred to the United States Military Government Korea, as a sale, and was struck from the Navy list on 5 March that same year.

LST-40 earned four battle stars for World War II service.

LST-41

LST-41 was laid down on 24 May 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 17 August 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Mary Spisak and commissioned on 24 September 1943, Lt. W. B. Dundon, USNR, in command.

During World War II, LST-41 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:

  • Marshall Islands operation:
    (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
  • Hollandia operation-April 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Guam-July 1944
  • Western Caroline Islands operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands-September and October 1944
  • Luzon operation:
    (a) Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945

Following the war, LST-41 was redesignated LSTH-41 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until late November 1945.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 25 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 8 October 1947, she was sold to J. C. Berkwit & Co., of New York City, N.Y.

LSTH-41 earned five battle stars for World War II service as LST-41.

LST-42

LST-42 was laid down on 17 June 1943 at Pittsburgh Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 17 August 1943 sponsored by Mrs. F. M. Leslie, and commissioned on 30 September 1943, Lt. Roy L. Guy in command.

During World War II, LST-42 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:

  • Marshall Islands operation:
    (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
    (b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February and March 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Saipan-June and July 1944
  • Tinian capture and occupation July 1944
  • Western Caroline Islands operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands-September and October 1944
  • Iwo Jima operation:
    (a) Assault and occupation of Iwo Jima- February and March 1945

Following the war, LST-42 was redesignated LSTH-42 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East and service in China until early April 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 26 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September 1946. On 26 March 1948 she was sold to the Kaiser Co., Inc., of Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.

LSTH-42 earned five battle stars for World War II service as LST-42.

LST-43

LST-43 was laid down on 19 June 1943 at Philadelphla, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 28 August 1943 sponsored by Mrs. C. A. Hill and commissioned on 6 October 1943. She was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater during World War II and participated In the occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls from 31 January to 8 February 1944. On 21 May 1944, she was lost through an accident. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 18 July 1944. She was raised but deemed beyond economical repair and was subsequently sunk by torpedoes in 1945.

LST-43 earned one battle star for World War II service.

LST-44

LST-44 was laid down on 7 July 1943 at Pittsburgh Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 11 September 1943 sponsored by Mrs. F. E. Haeberle, and commissioned on 22 October 1943.

During World War II, LST-44 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion from 6 to 25 June 1944. Following the war she performed occupation duty in the Far East anl sernce in China until mid-February 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 20 February 1946. In 1947, she was transferred to the United States Army and was destroyed on 23 July 1947, cannibalized and scrapped. On 28 August 1947, her name was struck from the Navy list.

LST-44 earned one battle star for World War II service.

LST-45

LST-45 was laid down on 27 June 1943 at Pittsburgh Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 31 August 1943 sponsored by Miss Lois C. Donnelly and commissioned on 15 October 1943.

During World War II, LST-45 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the following operations:

  • Marshall Islands operation:
    (a) Occupation of Kwajelein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Saipan-June through August 1944
    (b) Tinian capture and occupation-July and August 1944
  • Okinawa assault-March through June 1945

Following the war, LST-45 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late October 1945. Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 30 November 1948 and struck from the Navy list on 22 December that same year. On 25 February 1949, she was sold to the Foss Launch & Tug Co., of Seattle, Wash.

LST-45 earned four battle stars for World War II service.

LST-46

LST-46 was laid down on 20 July 1943 at Pittsburgh Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 16 September 1943, sponsored by Mrs. J. J. Edson, Jr. and commissioned on 3 November 1943.

During World War II, she was assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion from 6 to 25 June 1944 and the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. She was later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater where she took part in the Okinawa assault in June 1945. Following the war, LST-46 performed occupation duty in the Far East and service in China until midMay 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 6 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 13 February 1948, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines, and resold to T. Y. Fong on the same date.

LST-46 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST-47

LST-47 was laid down on 30 July 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 24 September 1943 sponsored by by Mrs. Clarence H. Vant, and commissioned on 8 November 1943.

The tank landing ship was initially assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion in June 1944 and the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. She was later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater of operations where she took part in the Okinawa assault between 26 and 30 June 1945. Following the war, LST-47 performed occupation duty in the Far East in the fall and winter of 1945 and early January 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 11 January 1946 and transferred to the United States Army the same day. She was assigned to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 31 March 1952 and redesignated USNS LST-47. USNS LST-47 was transferred to the Philippine Navy on 13 September 1976.

LST-47 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST-48

LST-48 was laid down on 8 August 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 2 October 1942 sponsored by Mrs. A. E. Stacey and commissioned on 16 November 1943.

The tank landing ship was initially assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion between 6 and 25 June 1944 and the invasion of southern France between 15 August and 25 September 1944. She was later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater of operations where she took part in the Okinawa assault between 30 May and 10 June 1945. Following the war, LST-48 performed occupation duty in the Far East during the winter of 1945 and 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 8 February 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 5 December 1947. On 27 May 1948 she was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethiehem, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.

LST-48 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST-49

LST-49 was laid down on 17 August 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 9 October 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Kathryn Saban and commissioned on 20 November 1943.

The tank landing ship was initially assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion between 6 and 25 June 1944 and the invasion of southern France between 15 August and 25 September 1944. She was later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater of operations where she took part in the Okinawa assault between 8 and 30 June 1945. Following the war, LST-49 performed occupation duty in the Far East and service in China until mid-March 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 11 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July 1946. She was sold to Bosey Philippines, on 4 December 1947.

LST-49 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST-50

LST-50 was laid down on 29 August 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 16 October 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Tito Tarquinio and commissioned on 27 November 1943.

The tank landing ship was initially assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion between 6 and 25 June 1944 and the invasion of southern France between 15 August and 25 September 1944. She was later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater of operations where she took part in the Okinawa assault between 18 and 30 June 1945. Following the war, LST-50 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 6 February 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 8 September 1952. On 14 November 1952, she was redesignated ARB-13 and transferred to Norway as Ellida (A-534). She was returned to the United States on 1 July 1960 but was retransferred to Greece on 16 September 1960, and served with the Greek Navy as Sakipia (A-329).


Welcome to Addison County Vermont História e Genealogia

Our goal is to help you track your ancestors through time by transcribing genealogical and historical data and placing it online for the free use of all researchers.

WE REGRET THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO DO PERSONAL RESEARCH FOR YOU.

We're looking for folks who share our dedication to putting data online and are interested in helping this project be successful. If you are interested in joining our group, view our Volunteer Page for further information and then contact Nancy Piper .

If you are not interested in becoming a host, but do have information to add to our website, email me, Nancy Piper . I will be happy to help your obituaries, news items and other historical data find its new home here at Vermont Trails History and Genealogy.

Past Updates Recent Updates
Dezembro de 2020
Biography: Bennett S. Brown

Setembro de 2020
Death Notice: Mrs. Harriot Eliza Hawley, Elijah Tyler
News-Fires: Patrick Burgin's Barn Destroyed by Fire

1790 Addison Twp Federal Census - Sorted by Head of Household - Contributed by Jo Ann Scott

1790 Federal Census - Entire Census - Transcribed by Linda Natale HISTÓRIA

Swift's 1859 History Chapter II: County Seats, County Buildings, Courts, Changes of the Judiciary MILITARY

Addison County Military Casualties (WWII Army, Vietnam and Korean war casualties) - Contributed by Tammy Clark


Addison County, Vermont

Addison County is a county located in the state of Vermont. Based on the 2010 census, the population was 36,821. Its shire town is Middlebury.

Etymology - Origin of Addison County Name

The History of Addison County by H.P. Smith, 1886, D. Mason and Co. states that Addison County ". was named in honor of Joseph Addison, the English author. " The Addison family continues to thrive in England and has written us with the information that Joseph lived from 1672 to 1719 and left these words for us: Happiness is something to do, something to love, something to hope for! Addison is buried in Westminster Abby.

Demografia:

Addison County History

Addison County was organized 18 Oct 1785 from Rutland County.
County Seat: Middlebury

In 1609, the French explorer Samuel de Champlain entered the 136-mile lake that would bear his name. Before the end of 17th century, a small stone fort was built at Chimney Point near what is now West Addison on Lake Champlain. It was the first settlement in Vermont. The fort was occupied by the French and then the British. During the Revolutionary War, Lake Champlain was the scene of bitter battles and those living in the area were captured or driven away. One such event happened in May of 1775 Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys, along with Benedict Arnold rowed across the Lake to captured Fort Ticonderoga from the British.

Iroquois settled in the county before European arrived in 1609. French settlers in Crown Point, New York extended their settlements across Lake Champlain. A few individuals or families came up the lake from Canada and established themselves at Chimney Point in 1730. In 1731, at Cross Point Fort Frederic was erected. In the year 1759, General Amherst occupied Cross Point and British settler's settlers came in. The Battle of Bennington in Bennington, fought on August 16, 1777, brought a turning point for the American independence against British.

Finally, in 1783, peace was declared, settlers began to return and new communities were formed. Addison County was established on October 18, 1795 and encompassed most of the lands in northwestern Vermont bounded by Lake Champlain.

This county was established by act of the Legislature October 18, 1785 at the period of Vermont Republic. In 1791, Vermont joined the federal union after the original thirteen colonies. When Vermont was admitted to the Union in 1791, the size of the County was reduced to its present area with a population of about 6,400 settlers.

Geografia: Terra e Água

As reported by the Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 808 square miles (2,093 km 2 ), of which, 770 square miles (1,995 km 2 ) of it is land and 38 square miles (99 km 2 ) of it (4.72%) is water. The primary stream of the county is Otter Creek, which runs through the county from the south to the north.

Neighboring Counties

Bordering counties are as follows:

  • Chittenden County, Vermont - north
  • Washington County, Vermont - northeast
  • Orange County, Vermont - east
  • Windsor County, Vermont - southeast
  • Rutland County, Vermont - south
  • Washington County, New York - southwest
  • Essex County, New York - west

Educação

Addison County has the following high schools:

Vergennes Union High School in Vergennes
Mt. Abe Union High School in Bristol
Middlebury Union High School in Middlebury
Middlebury Union Middle School in Middlebury

Addison County is also home to two institutions of higher learning, Middlebury College and the Community College of Vermont, both located in Middlebury


Bridport Genealogy (in Addison County, VT)

NOTE: Additional records that apply to Bridport are also found through the Addison County and Vermont pages.

Bridport Birth Records

Bridport Cemetery Records

Bridport Census Records

Federal Census of 1940, Bridport, Vermont LDS Genealogy

United States Federal Census, 1790-1940 Family Search

Bridport Church Records

Bridport Death Records

Bridport Immigration Records

Bridport Land Records

Bridport Marriage Records

Bridport Newspapers and Obituaries

Bridport Sun 1901-1915 Newspapers.com

Bridport Probate Records

Vermont, Addison County and District Probate Files, 1845-1915 Family Search

Additions or corrections to this page? We welcome your suggestions through our Contact Us page


Addison

Like the Indians before them, the first white settlers made their homes near rivers and groves of native timber that gave them the fuel and water needed for survival. The first pioneers in what is now Addison Township were Hezekiah Dunklee (also spelled Duncklee) from Hillsborough, New Hampshire, and Mason Smith from Potsdam, New York. They arrived in Chicago September 3, 1833, having traveled by land from Detroit. They left Chicago five days later, and following a northwest trail made the year before by General Winfield Scott’s army through twenty miles of flat, grassy marshland and prairie, they came to a large grove of trees located on the eastern bank of a river, which later became known as Salt Creek. After surveying the land to the west of the river, they returned to the north end of the grove.

On May 25, 1834, Bernhard Joachim Koehler and his family settled east of Dunklee’s Grove on the present site of the River Forest Country Club. On that same day the Friedrich Graues settled south of the grove. These two families were the first of a large German influx during the next few years. Others to follow were the Stuenkels, the Krages, the Roter­munds, the Kruses, the Fienes, and the Buchholzes.

Most of the necessities of life were produced on the farms, but often the pioneers had to travel to Chicago to buy other provisions. With no roads through the prairie, travel was difficult. Many walked the eighteen miles to Chicago.The Des Plaines River flooded after heavy rains, and at those times such travel was impossible. Wells were dug by hand, often to a depth of thirty or forty feet, and a windmill was built to pump the water. If there was not enough wind, pumping was done by hand.

In 1839 Dunklee’s Grove became part of Washington Precinct. When township organization was adopted in 1849, Washington Precinct became known as Addison Township.

De 1874 Atlas & History of DuPage County, Illinois.

After the first pioneers settled, other friends and relatives came to claim lands. In 1837 there were thirty families living in the Dunklee’s Grove area. By 1844 there were 200 people living in the vicinity. Gradually businesses were established, such as a steam grist mill, a general store, a cobbler’s shop and a blacksmith shop. In 1867 the Heidemann Mill was constructed in Addison to serve the residents who had been taking their grain to surrounding communities to be ground.

By 1853 state laws enabled school districts to be formed, and District 4 came into being with the building of its first public school in 1858. Peter Nikel was the teacher. The building was located on the southwest corner of Addison and Army Trail roads. Today it is part of the Edward Green home. The German population of Addison Township formed a church in 1838 which was called the German United Reformed Lutheran Congregation of Dunklee’s Grove. In 1849 the first church school building was erected in Addison, near the corner of Army Trail Road and May Street.

In 1864 the Evangelical Lutheran Teachers’ Seminary was built in Addison to train teachers for the Lutheran school system. Their lecture hall, which opened in 1885, included a chapel, and it was here that the residents of Addison worshipped from 1893-1906. In 1906 the Lutheran congregation built the St. Paul Church along Army Trail Road near Lake Street.

In 1874 the Evangelical Lutheran Orphan Home was built to “raise, train, and educate orphans, half orphans and other children entrusted to its care.” All children from the Orphan Home who were of school age went to St. Paul’s Christian Day School. After graduation from the eighth grade, the girls would remain in the Home for work and future training. The boys were placed on farms, truck farms or in greenhouses to work.

In 1884 the village of Addison became incorporated. The population at the time was 400. The first president was Henry Buchholz, who served in that position from 1884 to 1891. In 1890 five Addison men formed the Addison Railroad Company, Inc. These were William Leeseberg, Louis Stuenkel, Edward Rotermund, Professor Johann Backhaus, and H. Z. Zuttermeister. Stock capital amounted to $5,000. A charter was issued on July 16, 1890, for the right to a stretch of land from today’s North Avenue into Addison to build a railroad track. In agreement was made with the Illinois Central Railroad officials to provide the railroad bed and equipment and to maintain and operate the railroad for fifty years from that date. The cost of the whole right-of-way was $16,488.90. The first train came to Addison for the Orphan Home Picnic on September 12, 1890.

Illinois Central Train in Addison on “Orphan Home Festival Day.” Courtesy Historical Museum of Addison.

Telephone service became available in 1895. Addison’s first bank, the Addison State Bank, opened in 1902. In 1912 the Public Service Company of Northern Illinois brought in light and power lines. Electric street lights burned in Addison for the first time on February 1 That same year the Western United Gas and Electric Company brought gas lines into the area.

In 1913 the Lutheran Teachers’ Seminary moved out of Addison to River Forest, where it is now known as Concordia College. The Seminary had been a vital part of Addison’s history for almost fifty years. The Seminary buildings were purchased by the Chicago City Mission Society as a home for dependent children who had had little opportunity for moral, mental or physical development. The children, who were referred by the juvenile courts, were moved from Chicago to Addison in 1916. This became known as the Addison Manual Training School for Boys and the Industrial School for Girls, known generally as the Kinderheim.

Illustrations by Vivian Krentz. Graphics by Ron Carringi.

Street improvements began in the late 19th century. During the 1920s roadways were improved and the automobile made its appearance. The former muddy roads and dusty trails gave way to gravel and concrete roads, and the population patterns began changing. With better routes and the railroad, people were building their homes along the roads.

Two lanes of Lake Street were paved in 1922. A narrow gauge railroad was built along Lake Street to the quarry in Elmhurst to bring gravel and cement to the site. When the roadwork was completed, these tracks were removed. Because of the desire to thoroughly modernize the town, a water system was installed in 1924.

Also, by 1924 the Kinderheim had outgrown the structures which had housed the Seminary, and the building was torn down to make room for a new two-story brick building to house the young people of Kinderheim. This was completed in 1925. Today that structure serves as the municipal building and houses the police department.

Plass Garage. Arthur Krage, George Rathje, George Plass, Warren Web stand before the Ford Agency in 1925. Courtesy Historical Museum of Addison.

Increased traffic along Lake Street prompted the widening of the road in 1930 to forty feet all the way from Cook County line to Ontario­ville, a distance of 12’h miles, and the constructing of a three-span bridge over Salt Creek at Lake Street. Addison was served by the Marigold Bus Line, which came from Chicago every hour on the hour. It followed the same route that had been used in 1837 by the Frink and Walker Line on its way toward Galena, these stage coaches having stopped for a change of horses in Addison.

During the 1930s Addison, as well as the rest of the country, was plunged into the Great Depression. In Addison the bank was forced to close, although in 1933 enough money was raised (between $8,000 and $9,000) to meet legal requirements, and the bank was again able to open for business. The residents of Addison were able to weather the lean years by raising food for their tables, and by taking any job, no matter how small the pay.

The years of World War II brought prosperity once again to the community. Again the men of Addison served proudly in all the services. There were 86 of them in the war. Miraculously, all of them returned safely. Among the Addison residents who had been taken prisoner were Lester Rotermund in Germany, and William Stuenkel in Italy. There were two casualties among those who came from the area outside of Addison: Wilbur Backhaus, who was killed in the Battle of the Bulge and Ernst Ellerbruch who was killed in Sicily.

When World War II ended and the servicemen began returning from overseas, a housing shortage developed. The “G. I. Bill” gave young families the opportunity to purchase homes, and the “baby boom” of the post-war years brought many new residents to Chicago’s suburbs. The population in 1950 was 823. By 1963 it had reached 13,272. Generating a marked increase in village revenue, this growth affected the construction industry and also created additional demands for village services. Schools were soon unable to accommodate the large number of young children, and population projections indicated a need for future expansion of the school system.

School District 4 constructed a building in a second location in 1957, and in that same year St. Joseph Catholic Parish also opened a grade school. From that date, when Fullerton School was built, until 1972 the number increased to nine public grade schools and one junior high school.

In 1965 a second Catholic grade school, St. Philip the Apostle, was built. In 1966 there were two secondary schools built, Addison Trail High School and Driscoll Catholic High School.

Additional religious facilities were added to serve the increased population. Originally most of the residents had been German Lutherans, and the few Catholic families attended church in Elmhurst. As the number of families increased, so did the diversity of faiths. Between 1954 and 1965 there were seven churches of different denominations built.

The “G. I. Bill” was also used by many of the returning servicemen after World War II. Addison established an industrial park with a railroad line that ran into the area. Highways were being improved, and the short distance from O’Hare Airport was an attraction to many manufacturers who built in the park. These additional plants, in turn, brought more people to Addison to live. Many of the farmers surrounding Addison began to sell their farms as property values rose and their taxes increased accordingly.

Prior to 1950 there were few parks and playgrounds in Addison however, as developers subdivided the land, they were encouraged by village officials to set aside areas in each subdivision to be used as parks. In 1958 the Central Park Committee was formed. This was a volunteer group of homeowners who helped establish and maintain parks. The Addison Recreation Club, another volunteer group, began working with Addison’s youth in the early 1950s. In 1965 Addison voters approved a referendum to establish a park district, which now owns over 200 acres of land at eighteen sites and offers activities for residents of all ages, from tots to senior citizens.

In 1962 a public library was established in the municipal building. In 1968 a new building was constructed along Lake Street at Kennedy Drive to house the Addison Public Library.

The banking industry also grew along with the population. Before 1950 the Addison State Bank was the only bank in Addison. As population and businesses increased, the need for additional financial services brought the opening of six other banks or saving and loan associations to the village.

The building industry that began flourishing after World War II concentrated on single-family homes in Addison. More recently developers have obtained permits to build multiple family homes, apartments, townhouses and condominiums. Decreasing availability of land and rising construction costs have contributed to this trend. Today shopping centers have replaced the earlier “general stores.” Shops and restaurants have opened specializing in ethnic goods for an increasingly diverse population.

Also, the schools, with an increased enrollment of children from families new to this country, have had to include bilingual courses in their curriculum. High technology advances have caused many services and business establishments to turn to computers and new training programs for their personnel. Addison’s special education organization, the Ray Graham Association, its Lutherbrook (successor to the Evangelical Lutheran Orphan Home), its assistance programs through the Community Switchboard, its support for cultural growth through the arts programs are all a part of Addison’s response to varying needs.

To summarize, during the past 150 years Addison has grown from a few hardy settlers planting their crops to a town of 30,000 citizens engaged in a multitude of occupations. The quiet hamlet where everyone knew everyone else has given place to a suburb bustling with activity. Today, as it has been throughout its history, Addison is a caring community.

Pearl Morris and Vivian Krentz are co-authors of AddisonVillage of Friendship, the community’s centennial book.


Assista o vídeo: Addison